The module aims to provide a basic and general approach to the security of information systems and the resolution of certain problems that may occur in the day-to-day running of a company.
Initially and in an introductory way, students will approach the security of systems and the basic security requirements that all users should take into account in order to subsequently enter into the concepts of cybersecurity, security management, computing, computer software, wireless networks, security tools and problem solving.
1. Introduction to Information Systems Security
- Concepts of system security
- Classification of security measures
- Security requirements in information systems
- Concept of cybersecurity
- Most frequent threats to information systems
- Most common security technologies
- Computer security management
3. Malicious software
- Concepts of malicious software
- Classification of malicious software
- Persistent and advanced threats
- Social engineering and social networking
4. Security in Wireless Networks
5. Security tools
- Security measures
- Controlling user access to the operating system
- Secure management of communications, folders and other shared resources.
- Protection against malicious code
- Detection and removal of viruses and Trojans